A Horse Is A Horse, Of Course!


 
 via

In my neck of the woods, there are many horse farms where horse breeding is a serious undertaking.   Centuries old farms and estates are often devoted solely to the lofty enjoyment of the equestrian. Nearby, the Devon Horse Show, dating back to 1896, is the premiere horse show in the country drawing olympian caliber riders.

 via

Devon Horse Show today

If you are old enough to recall the concept of the Sunday drive, I often take a weekday equivalent and enjoy the miles of fenced pastures and rolling green hills that are home to what surely must be some of the luckiest horses around!

 via




above photos via



above photos via


I don't own a horse and ride infrequently, but if you were to look close at many of the paintings in my home, many of them are of horses!  I am drawn to the equine as I am to all animals, but I don't have  paintings of other animals- just the horse.  I am simply enthralled by the magnificence of the horse, of course!



Stables at Versailles via

  via

via

via
Photo by Joanna Macleannan

 Jean-Loup Daraux "By the Light of the Sea" via

 via

Photo by Artur Baboev

 via

 Design by Darryl Carter via






Created and designed by Anna Wili-Highfield


via

  via

 via

 via

via

 via 



via
Design by Asli Tunca

Southern Living via 
Photo by Emily Followill

via
Design by Stephen Shubel, Photo by Jeremy Samuelson

 via

 via




I make every effort to credit original sources and link wherever possible. I would be grateful if you can provide information on any unnamed source.  If you are the owner of any uncredited images, no deliberate infringement of copyright is intended. I respect all intellectual property and will remove or modify any image or post at the owner's request.

Thanks for visiting A House Romance!