To Toile Or Not To Toile?

I found this wonderful toile and check throw on One Kings Lane. I really love it and I'm searching for the best place to use it. I like it with my French cane slipcovered settee (which I found on craigslist) but I am not sure. Hence, to toile or not to toile?  I don't have a lot of blue in my home although I am finding myself introducing it more and more. Ordinarily, I use mostly cream and gray but I have been missing color. I do have some new blue lamps in an adjoining room that go well with the toile and would help pull the color throughout.


 Here is the settee without the throw. I do love it as is but would sometimes like a change. 


And with the throw.





Here is the what the settee looked like advertised on craigslist!  My fingers could not type a message fast enough to the seller.  The cane was in perfect condition which really is rare.  I am not at all fond of repairing cane and will avoid it whenever possible.  I would have to be very tempted by a piece to deal with damaged cane. 

I painted and glazed the settee including the cane with a white paint and an espresso glaze. The slipcover has butter pat pleats and ballerina ties (love)!  It turned out exactly as I had hoped.

If you have any thoughts on whether the toile works with the settee, please let me hear from you!